Free School Meals
Free School Meal Update
We are aware that for many families, there have been some changes at home during the last 18 months of the pandemic and that this might have had an impact on your eligibility for free school meals. If you qualify for free school meals not only will your child receive free meals, but our school will receive additional funding too. In addition to this, during the school holiday period, vouchers (£15 per child) are allocated to spend at the supermarket to support with food shopping over the summer break.
Please apply even if your child currently gets a free dinner because they are in Foundation Stage, Year 1 & Year 2 as the school will still receive additional funding.
If you need support with applying please contact the school office and we will be happy to help
You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a Hull school or sixth form on a full time basis by registering on My School Portal and completing the online form. In order to be eligible, you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits -
If you wish to apply for Free School Meals, then please use the Hull CC online portal. Please click here to access the portal.
Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA - IR)
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit In addition, the following pupils will be protected against losing their free school meals as follows (please see page 10 for further details):
• Once Universal Credit is fully rolled out, any existing claimants that no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point (because they are earning above the threshold or are no longer a recipient of Universal Credit) will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education (i.e. primary or secondary).
The Universal Credit rollout is currently expected to complete in March 2022
A pupil is only eligible to receive a free school meal when a claim for the meal has been made on their behalf, and their eligibility has been verified by the school where they are enrolled or by the local authority.